Psychotherapy and Counselling at Fillan
I have worked in private practice for 15 years, providing short term and long term psychotherapy and counselling for individuals, couples and families from many different cultures and walks of life. I draw on a rich and varied life experience, having previously worked in business and education.
My approach is supportive and non- judgemental, drawing on the strength and life experience of the individual. At the same time I have a pragmatic, feet on the ground approach, identifying patterns that are not working and facilitating new learning.
Psychotherapy and counselling can assist in many areas of life. I have experience working with:
- Anxiety, worry and panic attacks
- Depression and moods such as feeling low, out of sorts, tired, irritable and sad
- Relationships and ways of relating to others
- Anger management
- Parenting issues
- Decision making
- Self- confidence and self- esteem
- Grief and loss
- Employment issues, redundancy and retirement
- Family violence and traumatic incidents
I offer privacy and confidentiality, a time and place to talk openly about personal issues. My role is to listen, to clarify and help you make sense of your situation and what you are struggling with. This work provides an understanding of how difficulties have arisen, how they manifest in the present and how to move on and have a more positive experience of life.
Positive effects can include: clarity about what makes you tick; more ability to cope with life’s difficulties; more ability to have pleasure and joy in life; better and more satisfying relationships; clarity about hopes, dreams and goals; and more optimism about the future.
- Master Health Science (Hons) (Psychotherapy)
- Graduate Diploma in Psychosocial Studies
Professional Memberships and affiliations:
- Registered Psychotherapist: Annual Practicing Certificate
- Member New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists
- ACC Registered
- Employee Assisted Programme Provider
- Family Court Approved
Sessions are 1 hour